Sunday, June 3, 2007

Tagged again -- Eight Things About Me

I've been putting this one off, because it seems like it could be a really boring subject, but I've decided to go ahead and tackle it so it's not looming as unfinished business. I cannot keep myself from participating.

I was tagged by the Disgruntled Housemother, Heather. Hm, so here goes ...

1. I'm wondering how I'll get through the rest of the week that's ahead.

2. I can read tarot and I used to know how to cast runes. I haven't practiced with runes in awhile, but I love tarot. I especially like looking at other decks to see how the same basic archetypes are still illustrated in the cards. I don't really do many full-blown readings lately because it absolutely wears me out. I used to have the necessary endurance for prolonged emotional and mental effort, but it's just not there anymore. It's not just reading what the cards say, it's intuiting what the entire spread is saying on a personal level. And that's just emotionally draining, especially when you can see that look of expectation on someone's face while they're hanging on every word to try to figure out if it's "true" or not. Or what it "means." It is what it is.

3. I love listening to country music sometimes. I love music period, on a deep, primal level, but there is something about a few country artists that just really speaks to me -- Gram Parsons, Mike Stinson, Jack Ingram, Loretta Lynn, a few others ... And it has caused me to realize that a lot of what's classified as "rock" really sounds suspiciously like it has its roots in country. Billy Bragg even sounds "country" on the Mermaid Avenue CD. Very. Anyway ...

4. I'm extremely worried that I'm only up to number 4 and I can't think of a single thing. I'm going to take a little cocktail break and come right back. Blogger will save this for me, which is awesome.

5. I have a dirty, cluttered house and I hate it. It's not like I'm someone that is OKAY living in this kind of mess. I'm not. I absolutely fucking HATE IT. So you'd think I'd do something about it, right? That's the rub -- It overwhelms me. I do just a little bit (like today, I cleaned out a little corner of the garage) but then I make a mess that's even worse when I'm through "cleaning." For example, after cleaning that little corner of the garage, I went to the backporch to say something to the tot. And then I noticed that the snakes could be put into the new habitat. So I dumped all the stuff from the biggest snake's bowl (a fishbowl) and realized he had escaped. That's the second snake that's gotten out of one of those fishbowls. So there's his empty bowl sitting there now. And I emptied out the two smaller snakes into the habitat, but decided they needed new mulch. So I got the tot to hold the two snakes while I went up to the top of the hill to throw the old mulch on the compost pile and then to the other side of the yard to scoop some more processed compost and soil. And then back to the porch to get the snakes and put them in the habitat. *deep breath* There's a big ol' mess I made with the empty fishbowls and digging tools, but I'm just wring out. Thus, I never get ahead and never will. (Am I manifesting?)

6. My best dog, and then my grandfather, and then my best cat all died in the same year. The dog and my grandfather died in December and then the cat died the following November. It was dark.

7. When I was about 8 years old, I saw an Emerald Witch doll at a Target in Dallas. It wasn't a Target we usually visited -- We were over in a different part of Dallas to visit a friend of hers and when we left, we stopped off at that store. And I saw that doll. She had purple skin and green hair and I wanted her so badly. I didn't get her and I still want her. I don't want to sit her on a shelf and keep her as a collector's item -- I want to take her out of the box and play with her. I want to feel her purple skin. So I wonder if there are things that the tot begs for at the store and I say NO and that will be the very thing she's still wishing she had over 30 years later. I must ameliorate that by getting her everything I can.

8. I am just so very tired and I wish I wasn't. The part that bothers me the most is that I cannot go to sleep or stay asleep, yet I'm exhausted. My eyes should close before my head even hits the pillow at night. But I have to take all kinds of things to force my body to go to sleep, or lay there with my mind racing all night long. It's a conundrum.

I tag Sharon. Duh. And ... Donna -- I don't think she even knows we're putting the band back together! I would tag KATIE, but she might be busy having a baby right now. And I'm not tagging anyone on a MySpace blog because I don't want my "lives" intertwined. Crazy. Oh! I'll tag Billy Goat Beardman! After almost a year with twins he should have LOTS of free time by now. I'm breaking Rule #3.

The Rules:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules
3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

No comments: